worlds quickest 1st gen

Yeah...I know it's not factory...just stirring up the chit:hehe: I think if I can convince him to throw a converter in it he should be dang close to 11's:D

Good times again,
Chris

That was done with stock injectors and an he351ve and yes it was at cecil county

You still running the slick air to water cooler ? I noticed it at Cecil at Mason Dixon Turbo Diesel Clubs drag event a year ago or so.

You still running the slick air to water cooler ? I noticed it at Cecil at Mason Dixon Turbo Diesel Clubs drag event a year ago or so.

no thats another truck we had a few years back the motor out of that truck is in our 74 prostreet truck.the truck that ran 12.56 is my truck and it just has a 3x31x12 cheapo intercooler off ebay

So how much HP does it take to run 11.7 in a 4200# vehicle?

Well lets see here, I would have to say every bit of 490-500. But you know thats saying a lot for a 13mm pump :kick:

Nice! Great to see there are a few quick VE-pumped 1st gens out there. I still think that they're the best looking pickups on the road IMO. How much timing are you running? (how far is the pump away from the block ;) )

Nice! Great to see there are a few quick VE-pumped 1st gens out there. I still think that they're the best looking pickups on the road IMO. How much timing are you running? (how far is the pump away from the block ;) )

the pump is pushed all the way to the head

his is not a true 1st gen

Purely for the sake of arguement, as long as its an 89-93, its a first gen, regardless of the pump. I get what your saying though. But gen is by body style, not the pump...just sayin

12.56 on stock injectors is damn impressive though! You plan on throwing some more fuel at it? I might have missed it, but how are you running the variable nozzle on the turbo?

Purely for the sake of arguement, as long as its an 89-93, its a first gen, regardless of the pump. I get what your saying though. But gen is by body style, not the pump...just sayin

I disagree. To many, it is not a first gen without a VE. First gen body, first gen engine.

Great times for that pump and the minimal mods. I wouldn't say you have the fastest first gen though. When you see a truck going down the road, you make the distinction wether it's a first gen, 2nd gen, etc.. It's more of a body style thing. That's all just opinions though. For example, when people see the little red express truck, they don't call it a 2nd gen because the pump that's in it. Non the less, great times no matter what the truck is.

Great times for that pump and the minimal mods. I wouldn't say you have the fastest first gen though. When you see a truck going down the road, you make the distinction wether it's a first gen, 2nd gen, etc.. It's more of a body style thing. That's all just opinions though. For example, when people see the little red express truck, they don't call it a 2nd gen because the pump that's in it. Non the less, great times no matter what the truck is.

Yeah I agree.

You should say you have the fastest VE powered truck.

How about "worlds quickest TRUE 1st gen"
Maybe that will keep all the whiners happy..

Rockjeep73, I hope you would never refer to me as a whiner. I simply stated the facts. You can keep your name calling over the internet to a minimum. I don't take kindly to it. Besides, a first gen is a first gen. A second gen is a second gen.. etc.. It's the fastest diesel only ve pump truck.

C12h26, I apologize for the derail. You have a nice running truck.

Last edited:
Well it wouldnt be diesel only because he is running nitrous.

Whats wrong with "true 1st gen", because a true 1st gen has a ve pump.

An 84 d100 is not in the same category, its a half ton.

Yes, would you call it a second gen? Wether it's a half ton, 3/4 ton, or 1 ton it's still recognized as a first gen body style. I've had a couple third gen half tons with 12 valves. I've also had a shortened 2500 third gen. They were referred to as a third gen. I don't want to derail his thread any further. PM me if you'd like to further discuss it..

I would call Ron Allens truck a 1st gen also. Whats he at 800hp after his dyno tuning session.

Point is, hes NOT even the fastest VE truck 12VCHEVYDUALLY is.

For me, you shouldnt post a FACT unless you KNOW you can back it up.

Maybe he should have started a thread ASKING what the fastest times are for VE powered 1st gens.

This is how CompD is set up on the main forum page.:bang

Dodge Tech (23 Viewing)
2007.5+ 6.7L 03-07 3rd Gen.
98-02 2nd Gen. 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
89-93 1st Gen.

LOOKS LIKE IT GOES BY BODY STYLE TO ME ALSO. GET OVER IT!

Back