Elites VGT-HO

Why is everyone so attached to the variable turbo's? Not trying to instigate anything its an honest question. Fixed turbos arent real expensive or hard to find and look to be an easy swap yet the majority still run a smaller vgt w/ bigger sticks and high egt's.

Im ran a vgt-ss myself, mostly because it was a temp solution untill compounds were finished and tested so what about everyone else?

03BlackWidow said:
Why is everyone so attached to the variable turbo's? Not trying to instigate anything its an honest question. Fixed turbos arent real expensive or hard to find and look to be an easy swap yet the majority still run a smaller vgt w/ bigger sticks and high egt's.

Im ran a vgt-ss myself, mostly because it was a temp solution untill compounds were finished and tested so what about everyone else?

Good spool without much lag.

Yeah plus alot of the bigger trucks are using VGT's to keep emmisions and all that crap into spec. Even the new CUmmins has a VGT.. is memory serves me correct. THere is going to be allot of "mating" going on now that more engines manuf are using VGT's... which is good for us Ford guys(at least 6.0L people anyways).

TANKS 250 said:
<<<< still awaiting sponsors

Again Tank....I now have some knowledge, I think, to help you out. I have a blower off my furnace, a blown turbo and some silly puddy. I willing to sponsor you truck to try this on. It also will be built late friday night or Saturday morning after coming home from the bar. LOL

You almost got me convinced,.....I need to see your credentials.....written in crayon will be sufficient .

Robts said:
Again Tank....I now have some knowledge, I think, to help you out. I have a blower off my furnace, a blown turbo and some silly puddy. I willing to sponsor you truck to try this on. It also will be built late friday night or Saturday morning after coming home from the bar. LOL

im willing to donate the impeller from a blower/vac to make this project happen! anything for a fellow member :ft:

heinzboy said:
Black350, when do you get your turbo?

yeah right....I sure the turbo he is borrowing will need to be rebuilt by the time its returned. I only put 4000 miles on it. I think they were waiting on a core. He said his core was all screwed up and they couldnt use it

Guess I better mail my core back in then. I was going to keep mine a few days just incase something happened.

tanks, i will donate a cardboard tip for your truck too, since you don't have a tip on it... :hehe:

Man...you guys are seriously the best friends money CAN"T buy....lol

Cardboard tip will go nicely with my bumper...

25458.jpg

TANKS 250 said:
Man...you guys are seriously the best friends money CAN"T buy....lol

Cardboard tip will go nicely with my bumper...

25458.jpg

damn - i was just going to try to find one of those pictures!

ya know, you could use an IC with that.... i know you guys with grey trucks are supposed to be pros at the install.
b73f9309.jpg

Last edited:
Back