1.1 vs 1.32a/r

Just trying to get a sell I guess. Not gonna mention names but they have been real helpful with rounding up some other parts. Im going to give the 92 1.1 a try. Just wanting a fun street set that can do a little work a few times a year.

tapatalking from droidx

I went from a 75/96/1.32 to a 82/92/1.10, changed nothing else. Just much more of a pleasure to drive. Better low end spool up and don't feel like I've lost anything on the top.

A 96 stuffed into a 1.10 housing isn't a 1.10 anymore.

Being a 7.3 and 6.4 guy some of you guys w/ the Cummin's speak confuse me.

You say 82/92/1.10 I'm "assuming"
82mm Compressor wheel
92mm turbine wheel
1.10 exhaust housing??

The units I see from Garrett, for example is a 79.8 ind/108 exd w/ a 87mm turbine and 1.01 exhaust housing.

I'm looking to possibly add a 3rd to my set up or upgrade my LP to something a little larger and so many 5.9 have triples so I come here and other cummins forums to learn more about triple setups.

OP,
If it was a Stoker and you wanted fun, to tow and a good DD, I'd say get the 1.0 housing, and gate if BP is an issue.

Ordered a billet S478/92 1.1a/r with a race cover today. Wasnt really wanting the race cover but the used twin piping kit I bought was made to run one. I weighed the option of converting the piping to a standard cover but Jose convinced me it was $$ well spent. Im looking forward to seee how this works with my 62/68/14 and 70% over injectors.:)

Ordered a billet S478/92 1.1a/r with a race cover today. Wasnt really wanting the race cover but the used twin piping kit I bought was made to run one. I weighed the option of converting the piping to a standard cover but Jose convinced me it was $$ well spent. Im looking forward to seee how this works with my 62/68/14 and 70% over injectors.:)

Can't wait to find out how they work together..

May be the tune thats on it now ( going to refine it this wknd. I hope) but it seems that my 75/96/1.32 lites a little late as well...

For the street I bet that 78/92/1.1 is the cats A$$!!

But I guess for me, the 96/1.32 will keep me from too much torque down low...lol Might be best for me...lol

I bet you'll like it, keep us posted.

Can't wait to find out how they work together..

May be the tune thats on it now ( going to refine it this wknd. I hope) but it seems that my 75/96/1.32 lites a little late as well...

For the street I bet that 78/92/1.1 is the cats A$$!!

But I guess for me, the 96/1.32 will keep me from too much torque down low...lol Might be best for me...lol

And don't forget to load the "New EFI Low Torque Tune" for heavens sake!

Geez! :hehe::hehe:

And don't forget to load the "New EFI Low Torque Tune" for heavens sake!

Geez! :hehe::hehe:

Well Rich has it tuned well for up top and we're waiting to get together soon to do the right off idle / smoke free tune refining..

But after the other day and figuring out that my gate was opening too soon.
Clamping the hose off produced another 7-8 psi of total boost.

This joker lites quick now and gets the heck Down up top..

So much for a "Low TQ" tune :)

With a lock up switch, I'm going to be dangerous again!! lol

I'm sure this other turbos would be awesome and produce even more low end response but for now, I can't see going through the work to change anything.
I'm just happy I've not windowed the block yet :)

Well Rich has it tuned well for up top and we're waiting to get together soon to do the right off idle / smoke free tune refining..

But after the other day and figuring out that my gate was opening too soon.
Clamping the hose off produced another 7-8 psi of total boost.

This joker lites quick now and gets the heck Down up top..

So much for a "Low TQ" tune :)

With a lock up switch, I'm going to be dangerous again!! lol

I'm sure this other turbos would be awesome and produce even more low end response but for now, I can't see going through the work to change anything.

Lets meet around Windy Hill and run em sometime.

I think I got you! LOL!

Next time the engine is pulled, you should literally paint a window (as in a house window, frame and all) on the block. Maybe that way fate would be satisfied and not blow your engine to pieces.

It would make for a conversation starter at the very leastLOL.

I'd probably do it.

Next time the engine is pulled, you should literally paint a window (as in a house window, frame and all) on the block. Maybe that way fate would be satisfied and not blow your engine to pieces.

It would make for a conversation starter at the very leastLOL.

I'd probably do it.

:lolly:

Awesome idea!! lol

:lolly:

Awesome idea!! lol
And if it did blow with a window painted on it, you could post the pic on here and title it "The Art of Diesel Destruction" (double entendre). Your legend would only grow and be more epically awesome!

...Damn I almost want to do this myself...

...almostLOL.

And if it did blow with a window painted on it, you could post the pic on here and title it "The Art of Diesel Destruction" (double entendre). Your legend would only grow and be more epically awesome!

...Damn I almost want to do this myself...

...almostLOL.
]

LOL

Well lets hope I can just run this thing for at LEAST a year or so without having to rebuild anything... I Really Really Hope!!

Sorry for the Derail folks....

Back