Let's seem some aluminum headache racks.

thanks guys...gettin used to a flatbed is a whole nother deal..aint like throwin crap in the bed..cuz when ya git home it aint there anymore!! wtf

I think I will still be in pain in a year after selling my custom front bumper on this truck. :(

Truck1-1.jpg

If I buy a new front replacement...it will be aluminum.

how Much ? Shoot me a PM

Gol dang it trying to design one of these that looks good is a PITA. To many dayum angles to make them even halfway affordable to build yourself. ARGH!!!!!!

What happened to square cabs and flat back glasses? LOL

Those are sexy....especially the dump bed. It needs a trap door and a gooseneck hitch.

I'm leaning toward this design. I can have a front and back sheet plasma cut then just wrap the top and bottom with flat steel. There are a lot of angles so my model isn't fixed yet, but this is where I am now. Revision D.

I reckon if I get one built I could also sell a few.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0
Cool. I've got a little junk to do this morning so maybe I can play with the model at lunch time and actually get somewhere with it.

Kinda what I want.

Getting closer to the design I want. All these surfaces and angles are a beotch to model.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
behind the cab in front of the rear wheels underneath:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Attachments

• toolbox1.jpg
    toolbox1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 0
  • toolbox.jpg
    toolbox.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 0
ha! i knew you'd like em! i might put some diamond plate on the front. got a brand new sheet of 1/8. need some mudflap to put on the side to keep the road kill from sticking to the side facing the tire

There's a high school kid that goes to school with my son that has him one of them fancy log chain welded up "roll bars". WTF the kid is thinking Ill never know...

I'm assuming you've stumbled across them by now but protech makes a nice cab guard for light trucks. Cool proprietary aluminum tube and all that. Had them on a few trucks.

The problem with cool, proprietary, aluminum tube is the fact that I can't weld crap to it. LOL

I need to mount a camera and lights and junk. I originally started looking for AL....but I think I'm back to steel just for modification purposes. I can mig anything I want to it.

I'd like to buy a western hauler style one that is unfinished, modify it, then powder coat it.

Back