Let's seem some aluminum headache racks.

I could use one of these. I've had a few close calls with firewood and dirtbikes this last year LOL I'll probably just get some tubing and make one here. Paint it black and call it good.

some of them att like a bed rail and the rack is welded to them..some with a piece of angle across and then a cpl shorts towards the back csrewed thru the top of the bed rail

some of them att like a bed rail and the rack is welded to them..some with a piece of angle across and then a cpl shorts towards the back csrewed thru the top of the bed rail

That just doesn't seem very sturdy. But if it works, I'll do the angle to the bed rail.

mines in the works. soon as he can squeeze it in. no headache rack tho. flatbed and small backboard to about mid rr window...aint got no rack now...ugly a$$ things sticking up..bleh.
high enough for the fuel tank tool box to go under and the tubing is 4''

il git some pics after its on...or check out that website to see what i doing

like this one cept srw of course. and keeping my ranchhand in the back

Attachments

• Picture-039.jpg
    Picture-039.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 0
That'll be cool. Love the new avatar too. ;)

For $179 you can have one on the front!

thanks..had to get it before you did dontchaknow....

im not sure that would fit ..i mean its cool and all but..on a pickup it might be a bit much..i dont wanna end up on the oraler thread bro!

i cant wait for the new bed..i might sleep on it the first cpl nights! its not standard stuff..extruded plate with 6061 channel...all ss hardware and leds...and no rack over the cab....omg im turning myself on..i gotta stop

it was either fix the old one or get the flatbed for the same money and its all new..and unique..and bada$$

and i can unload the bed /tailgate for acpl hundred thatll be even better

Gonna be sweet. Can't wait for pics.

Wait 'til I finally break out the torch and put this 8 foot bed on that I have in the barn. Pretty sure I'll be sleeping on it for a while.....and not voluntarily. :hehe:

i had to do aluminum man...steel just wasnt gonna do it for me..

specially since most of it got paid by the ins co! woot!!

mines going in for the bed today. pick it up sat..dont know if ill get any in progress pics but the finished product will show up

So I'm browsing "headache racks" using google. I see a DTR thread. I decide to look at it. Jesus. :bang Some sort of welding school abortion.

IMG008-2.jpg

test fit..still gotta make the backboard..only bout 1/2 the window in height and fit the toolbox/transfer tank tank. install the filler neck and the led lights...dont look like there gonna be room for any work lights cuz on the transfer tank but maybe..wont be welded in style anyways if i do. tiallights /filler panels etc...

im getting so horney for it:snoop::snoop:

Attachments

• flatbed.jpg
    flatbed.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 0
  • flatbed1.jpg
    flatbed1.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 0
  • flatbed2.jpg
    flatbed2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0
  • flatbedweld.jpg
    flatbedweld.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 0
  • flatbed3.jpg
    flatbed3.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 0
Awesome, Gary. At least someone is making progress. I still lay in bed at night thinking of new ideas. I'd love to find someone that will cut the template pieces, ship them to me bare, and save me some jack. I can weld them up and finish them after I modify the hell out of it. That may be a pipe dream though. :(

the thing is man to make it custom..its winging it..we change it to suit as we go. hes a really cool guy to work with.
uses that extruded plate propietary so ill have the only manuf using it.
the width and the door for the gooseneck is all as ya go stuff
i actually asked him for a kit and he laughed and told me id be doing so much chopping up off the pieces id be better off to pay him to do the labor..so i did..
its turning out exactly how i wanted it..
looks small but its actaully bigger sq ft wise than the old one. and its 2'' longer than the opriginal floor. that tankis gonna use up soooooo much floor tho...gotta have it..that was a challenge for him to fit and still have agooseneck door

pics to come tomorrow of the backboard and maybe some lighting

Back