Let's seem some aluminum headache racks.

Gracias. Now that I should have a long bed setting in my barn for a year or so whilst I gather enough junk to stretch the frame....I will be building a headache rack for it.

I'll be posting some ideas and designs here for everyone to critique. :D

Must haves:

work light mounts
strobe light mounts
camera mounts
...and a spot for stack clamps. :D

Mine is not aluminum but here are some pictures. I haul a lot of bagged salt and fire wood in the winter and it has saved my back window a few times. I plan on upgrading the lights to Dually d2's or something of that sort.
headacherack.jpg

Last edited:
I'm putting a CM bed on my daughters truck and pulling off a Ranch Hand headache rack if your interested, she goes to Enid from Little Rock occasionally. just pm me.

The price tag makes my head hurt ..

I had one my buddy built not aluminum though . It was a headache rack and rail caps full length of the bed all in one . He built it to match the cab height and angle with tie down points in the front and both sides . A couple hundred in material and extremely functional .

I probably won't go with Aluminum in the end. If it will be something I make myself, I'll have to go steel. Since my kids do ride in the back of the truck often, I will have some sort of window protection. Not that it will stop a gooseneck from coming through, but it should slow it down a tad since DOT requires us to keep them chained to the truck where we can't get a way from them.

I'll start drafting on one here soon and throw up some designs.

Been tinkerin' a tad. By no means even close to done....but getting better ideas all the time.

attachment.php

Someone's gonna ask....the thing in the middle is a mount for my IR camera.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I just ordered 6 of these little turds. I think they'll work great facing backwards and will probably hang under the rack instead of in it like I thought before. I might have to switch up my design a bit. But it gives me more room for chicken lights. :hehe:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZPI0NE/ref=ox_ya_os_product"]18w LED Spot Work Light : Amazon.com : Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41SojdCcDfL.@@AMEPARAM@@41SojdCcDfL[/ame]

Or, maybe setting up top would be better.....more functional. Dunno.

Last edited:
^^^ that may be badass as far as functional, but you've fell outta your rocker if you think that would look good on a truck!

man what yall think bout a flatbed on srw. since the woman on the dirtbike crashed the side i been looking at em.. maybe ok but looks like a pita to build one. i want alum too..i can weld it but ****..idk...lotta tiggin. and how to do the gooseneck ball?
wife hates the idea...says theyre ugly as ..well...
then a headache rack..no way to bend stuff so gotta make it sq off

jory werkin on his so lemme see how its goin

Is it going slowly. I'm at a loss for deciding to make it out of stock tubing or doing plasma cut pieces so that it fits the cab nicely. I have two or three I'm trying to incorporate likes from into one piece. I want all wires inside. S-T-T lights in the corners. Four LED worklights. Camera. Etc.

I really like this one so I'm trying to duplicate and remove the bars inside. I don't need glass protection. I'm basically using mine as a mount for lights....and maybe some dual antennas just they can add that to my ghey tow mirrors bullschidt. LOL J/K. No antennas.

dodge2.jpg

That white pic is from like 2008 I think. I wonder if I can still buy it. If I can get it unpainted and finish it with some mods.....hmmmm.....my brain hurts.

all thats waaaaay too much fer me. and mines srw dont fergit.

going to see what they can offer me...i got ins money from the bike hitting me and then i can sell the rr ranch hand..or maybe build aorund it..idk..hmmm

I like the "cab extension" style like that. It will hide some of my hideous fuel pump parts from the side.

Back