Photo of a H2 Cam compared to 04.5 stocker

Duallie,

Better get your facts straight...... If you implying F1 cams are Chinese you are wrong and should appologize! If you implying other cams in this thread are Chinese, you may be correct as I don't have accurate info for others.

Doug

Nah, they’re just a couple quarts light of some metal, of course these missing quarts are from the most riches complexity of metals and alloys used in agressive hi-performance cam applications. These cams pass through an extensive Non-Destructive Inspection from the Australasian quality assurance and testing engineering firm which manufacturers these exclusive products.
This elite class of alloys provides his engineering staff with superior applications ranging from ultimate hi horse power diesels to helicopters. Although the big buck part of the cam is short a few nickels, this is a designed strategy to lessen the fatigue factor (Skinny people run further)

Awwww damn..... Y-all are acting as if I asked Don about his shifter handle line.......

Jeff,

Instead of spouting off about what you know nothing about why don't you go work on the many performance projects you have supposedly have going on.... You come on here and don't add anything of value in what looks to me like doing nothing more than trying to increase you post count. All I ever see you do is cant and rave about your "sponsors" and how good their products are yet you really haven't run much if anything you promote. Why not grow up and try and add something valuable to a thread instead of just repeating things you know nothing about?

Jeff,

Instead of spouting off about what you know nothing about why don't you go work on the many performance projects you have supposedly have going on.... You come on here and don't add anything of value in what looks to me like doing nothing more than trying to increase you post count. All I ever see you do is cant and rave about your "sponsors" and how good their products are yet you really haven't run much if anything you promote. Why not grow up and try and add something valuable to a thread instead of just repeating things you know nothing about?

NHRDA Div 5 Director-PDRA President-NHRA Member
VANISHING POINT RACE CARS-INDUSTRIAL INJECTION SERVICES-GRAND ROCK EXHAUST-SOUTHERN POLYURETHANES INC-XTREME KREATIONS-AUTOWURKS DIESEL-JET-HOT COATINGS-SNOW PERFORMANCE-NX NITROUS EXPRESS-RANDY'S OFF-ROAD-AUTOMOTIVE RACING PRODUCTS-FLUIDAMPR-

:eek:wned:

Jeff,

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: Yet you come on every F-1 thread and seem to be one of the main cheerleaders on the F-1 bandwagon. Have I raved about my sponsors- only a shadow in comparison to your constant brown nosing of the F-1 product line...... Fletcher asked the Soup Nazi a couple of questions yet I still see some dancing around of the facts.

Does the shortage of F-1 cams have anything to do with the Olympics?:hehe::hehe::hehe:

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: Yet you come on every F-1 thread and seem to be one of the main cheerleaders on the F-1 bandwagon. Have I raved about my sponsors- only a shadow in comparison to your constant brown nosing of the F-1 product line...... Fletcher asked the Soup Nazi a couple of questions yet I still see some dancing around of the facts.

Sorry dude but but my support of products I have actually used pales in comparision to your post count of over 8400 and your relentless ranting about products you have never tried. You don't see me flaming others products that I have never tried, yet you on the other hand have no experience with products you slam. Heck you even endorse products you haven't tried...... There is no brown nosing on my part, F1 products have proven over and over again to work and work well. I have nothing personal to gain by supporting F1 products, where it appears you want to slam them due to their lack of sponsoring one of you uncompleted projects.

I guess the thing that seems to be overlooked here is the failure rate???? How many of the helix cams have failed as a result of what they consider to be a deficiency? I have remained quiet about this thread, but yes it is getting old. The same ones piss and moan about the cams and say they are not built stout enough to hold up.

However the track record proves otherwise. Funny thing is there are at least two of you that have tried to acquire these cams while all along you bash them. Seems odd that the very people that say they are made in china would want something of this type of inferior product in there "race" trucks. And it only stands to reason that someone would have to try to find a problem with a product that they purchased from a company that they already have ill feelings for.

I mean come on, lets be realistic. This is like brand a testing brand b's turbo and finding problems. Who wouldn't find a problem? Better yet, when you act like little children crying in a toy store and nobody acknowledges you cause they do not really care, so you get louder and louder. Unfortunately the numbers speak for themselves. Numerous customers are very happy with there helix 2's

why dont all the pi$$ers and moaners "go diesel racing" and stay there, not be be BIASED or anything but like lmills said 1 company is going try and find a problem with another companies product, is it really a problem or a point of perception? I have had a regrind fail in my personal truck, i will never own or back another regrind ever! all you so called professionals that love regrinds can have them. my hard earned money will go to a brand new cam as soon as i can afford to drive my truck again.

Here is Wiced diesel cam thread: http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33719

and its not the secret their cam cores are made in Brazil.

If the manufacturing location is so importnant, can we knew where others are made as well?

I don't think it is a law that we must tell, never the less it can be a selling point. With that said, if it isn't made in appealing part of the world, the customer still has the right to know. Looks to me like if someone was proud of the manufacturing and not concerned with tarnishing their products reputation, they would be proud to tell where it was made. Unfortunately for some, less appealing and non glamorous countries are all that remain.

Sorry dude but but my support of products I have actually used pales in comparision to your post count of over 8400 and your relentless ranting about products you have never tried. You don't see me flaming others products that I have never tried, yet you on the other hand have no experience with products you slam. Heck you even endorse products you haven't tried...... There is no brown nosing on my part, F1 products have proven over and over again to work and work well. I have nothing personal to gain by supporting F1 products, where it appears you want to slam them due to their lack of sponsoring one of you uncompleted projects.

Doug-

Are you nuckin futs ? ? ?

Let's just say that I seen what I needed to see on an injector body- magnafluxing does wonders to bring out something that was to be made invisable. Do you hide in my shop? garage or do you have the next door neighbors on speed dial? You don't know chit on what I am doing- what I post is what I choose to post.

As far as them sponsoring one of my projects that is out and out BULL CHIT!!! I asked Don a loooong time ago if he could put a custom grind more race orientated into a blank- and he told me he has no time to do one off custom race grinds!!! Never once was sponsoring or product support brought into question! I was willing to wait and pay for a custom grind to be done and to be told he can't do it with his bad a$$ CNC Camgrinder that he keeps pointing out- I moved on to someone who has been in camshaft development a lot longer than Don. Experience in cam development shines. Funny how it is recommended to NOT run a Helix with a 13mm or 14mm P-pump, yet the one's I am involved with HAS HAD cams developed, tested in extreme racing conditions, and in endurance conditions being the ones in being daily driven. Back to back dyno testing has been done with positive results, as well. Several people have even gone so far as to send in their Helix cam to have a real grind put in. Given the taper after the number 2 bearing journal that the root of the cam takes, this cam guy will not use these cams to put his numbers on. He avoids component mortality, your favored product has a smaller root diameter than the factory cams- deflection worries me while using a smaller root diameter cam due to deflection a camshaft undergoes under accelleration and even under de-accelleration. This is a major action that snaps small root cams like a twig. Seeing this warning by the Soup Nazi only further validates this concern in his product line.

I know you and Don were in development together for the F series camshafts
so tell me you have nothing to gain is fruitless..... :kick:

Douglas-
Now onto experience in question-

Have you crunched someones valves lately during a retorque job you were doing? 6 thousandths on the intake and 16 thousandths on the exhaust? With a ported cylinder head that was milled and had an o-ring job done on it along with a high lift cam and a .30 thousandths head gasket.... Ring a bell-Oh yeah, you did and he now has replaced his engine due to several bent studs and every piston showed a long term condition of valve contact, along with all the exhaust pushrods that were bent and all the exhaust tappets were shattered !!!! We are still trying to figure out how these studs bent- these bent studs were a beyotch to remove from the head !! I do know setting valve lash on engines it pays to know every component and it's clearances- BEFORE crunching someones valve in hopes of a little more power improvement- you should take the steps required to ensure the clearance is actually there! And for the record this very same truck had a set of F1 4.5's and every injector had proper pop off issues, EVERY ONE- needless to say he used these as cores, and he is VERY happy with his new set of sticks that was recommended to him.

I sure hope you fly planes better than you turn up an engine.:bang

In the diesel industry many like to "copy" others ideas and parts. Shane you of all people are aware of what it feels like when something of yours is copied..... In the last 10 years I have seen numerous turbos, injectors, springs, cams, etc be copied by a competing vendor. That being said I can respect guys who do not want to divulge info about their products. It's too bad the industry is like this as it really limits how guys make choices.

Jeff,

I know of the engine you refer and funny how it ran fine for a year after it left with the valves set to .010 and .020. Can't say what happened during that year but whatever it was had nothing to do with me or the work I did. As for knowing how to work on trucks I believe I have proven I have the knowledge.

so tell me you have nothing to gain is fruitless.....

Again you have you so called facts confused I never worked with Don on development of his cam designs.

.010 and .020 Doug? surely you jest........ That's not what the owner stated you saying you set them at...............

So I guess you musta been telling stories on working on the F1 cams?:hehe:

Last edited:
Doug-

Are you nuckin futs ? ? ?

Let's just say that I seen what I needed to see on an injector body- magnafluxing does wonders to bring out something that was to be made invisable. Do you hide in my shop? garage or do you have the next door neighbors on speed dial? You don't know chit on what I am doing- what I post is what I choose to post.

As far as them sponsoring one of my projects that is out and out BULL CHIT!!! I asked Don a loooong time ago if he could put a custom grind more race orientated into a blank- and he told me he has no time to do one off custom race grinds!!! Never once was sponsoring or product support brought into question! I was willing to wait and pay for a custom grind to be done and to be told he can't do it with his bad a$$ CNC Camgrinder that he keeps pointing out- I moved on to someone who has been in camshaft development a lot longer than Don. Experience in cam development shines. Funny how it is recommended to NOT run a Helix with a 13mm or 14mm P-pump, yet the one's I am involved with HAS HAD cams developed, tested in extreme racing conditions, and in endurance conditions being the ones in being daily driven. Back to back dyno testing has been done with positive results, as well. Several people have even gone so far as to send in their Helix cam to have a real grind put in. Given the taper after the number 2 bearing journal that the root of the cam takes, this cam guy will not use these cams to put his numbers on. He avoids component mortality, your favored product has a smaller root diameter than the factory cams- deflection worries me while using a smaller root diameter cam due to deflection a camshaft undergoes under accelleration and even under de-accelleration. This is a major action that snaps small root cams like a twig. Seeing this warning by the Soup Nazi only further validates this concern in his product line.

so tell me you have nothing to gain is fruitless..... :kick:

Douglas-
Now onto experience in question-

Have you crunched someones valves lately during a retorque job you were doing? 6 thousandths on the intake and 16 thousandths on the exhaust? With a ported cylinder head that was milled and had an o-ring job done on it along with a high lift cam and a .30 thousandths head gasket.... Ring a bell-Oh yeah, you did and he now has replaced his engine due to several bent studs and every piston showed a long term condition of valve contact, along with all the exhaust pushrods that were bent and all the exhaust tappets were shattered !!!! We are still trying to figure out how these studs bent- these bent studs were a beyotch to remove from the head !! I do know setting valve lash on engines it pays to know every component and it's clearances- BEFORE crunching someones valve in hopes of a little more power improvement- you should take the steps required to ensure the clearance is actually there! And for the record this very same truck had a set of F1 4.5's and every injector had proper pop off issues, EVERY ONE- needless to say he used these as cores, and he is VERY happy with his new set of sticks that was recommended to him.

I sure hope you fly planes better than you turn up an engine.:bang

Am I the only one here that thinks this dude is a total AZZ!!!!!!!!!!:bang

Am I the only one here that thinks this dude is a total AZZ!!!!!!!!!!:bang
Nope, in fact I found it quite humorous when he used the compd websites mailing list to contact people to join another site he is pimping now. It shows what kind of class he has. I would feel different if he contacted me in a more professional way, but to use another persons site to do that speaks multitudes. If anyone would like to see a copy of it, I will cut and paste it for you. That alone will say enough.

Nope, in fact I found it quite humorous when he used the compd websites mailing list to contact people to join another site he is pimping now. It shows what kind of class he has. I would feel different if he contacted me in a more professional way, but to use another persons site to do that speaks multitudes. If anyone would like to see a copy of it, I will cut and paste it for you. That alone will say enough.

Maybe he should "go diesel racing" and stay away from the "Competition"LOL

Back