Quadzilla Adrenaline!!!

munchies said:
As far as I know they have not sent out a single comp file to any testers yet. So no one out there really knows anything.

There was one sent out in late Oct to a handfull of testers who wanted to try what was cooked up to that point. It was so aggressive it was draining the pump dry early in the RPM range so that's why the peak numbers fell off realitively quick for me. It'll just take some time to get a happy balance for both low and top end, but it'll come I'm sure....hence the reason for me not selling the Drag Comp just yet.

Failry stock is not stock when u say stock IMO its the way it was from the factory ....exhaust ,airfilter ,air intake , injectors
Ok. Stock with the exception of supporting mods. intake, exhaust, fuel system, tranny.

sorry to derail this thread but hey Double J empty your pm folder it says it's full.

Double J said:
There was one sent out in late Oct to a handfull of testers who wanted to try what was cooked up to that point. It was so aggressive it was draining the pump dry early in the RPM range so that's why the peak numbers fell off realitively quick for me. It'll just take some time to get a happy balance for both low and top end, but it'll come I'm sure....hence the reason for me not selling the Drag Comp just yet.
I look at it like this, the Drag comp stacked with a Smarty has been proven to lose power on the dyno. The Adrenaline fuels just as hard as smarty off idle & after towing with it this week, I think it fuels alot harder on higher settings. To be fair here the Adrenaline should be compared to the Drag/Smarty stack...not just the Drag alone. When quad starts doing dyno programs, I'm sure he will cut back on low end fueling to give the top a bigger kick. The box is still green, give it time. The dyno sheets that I've seen show a broader power curve than a Drag comp & that is why they feel more powerful on our butt dynos.

From the reports so far it looks like quad adrenaline and a drag comp are dead even for making power and drag racing. If it makes as much power as a drag comp, but proves to be more flexible and more reliable what's not to like?

Ph4tty said:
From the reports so far it looks like quad adrenaline and a drag comp are dead even for making power and drag racing. If it makes as much power as a drag comp, but proves to be more flexible and more reliable what's not to like?

Good Point.... I am waiting to hear as well. Need to know if I should rmove the Comp or just reserve the Quad for future customers that have not and need...

Ph4tty said:

exactly!! and there is more to come, thats why my drag comp is going bye bye

Double J said:
I'll give you $250 for it right now! :poke: LOL

:hehe: :hehe: yea right!!! the drag comp is still a bad azz box worth some coin but there is a new kid on the block now so if you wait a few months you may be able to score one for that cheap...

WOO HOO!! here is a copy and paste from quad..

Ok, just to give you guys and update. I got a 98-00 truck yesterday morning to do a little testing.

The good news is that on this particular truck (POS, I can say that because it is a buddies truck!!!!!) I was able to replicate basically all of the little quirks some of you are having. So far it appears that we have been able to solve every single issue.

1.) We fixed the fueling problem on these trucks. So that means when we get this next version out hopefully at the beginning of the week, everyone will have power on all 10 Power Levels.
2.) The high idle bouncing around badly. We were able to fix it. Doing the way we have to do it the ECM sort of fights us. We were able to make it smooth although there will be some slight fluctuations from time to time as we respond to the ECM. Nothing like before and hardly noticable!
3.) Turbo Timer not shutting down. I think we fixed this before now with the V300 software but, not everyone could run it. On this truck we had old software and it would not shut off occassionally and when we put newer software it always shut down.
4.) Turbo Timer not keeping the truck running, or catching it just before it dies. We were able to duplicate this and we believe we have it solved. The bad news is that we will most likely have to make a small hardware change. really not a big deal but, it will have to be done. We are testing something in software on Monday to see if we can do it without a hardware change but, I doubt it. I will know more on Tuesday.

So things look really good. I think as soon as we release this new version everyone will be happy. I am super pleased at this point.

For Stage 2 with the Commander, things are also looking awesome. I think we can start testing it within 2 weeks of finishing up Stage 1, and maybe faster.

Talk to you guys soon.

Thats what I'm waiting for. Believe I'll sell the Autometers for the Commander if its as feature packed as they say. I've also heard word of fueling to 4000 rpms!!!!!!!!!!!

If 3200 is good 4000 must be better right? Only reason I could see the need for it is sled pulling where you need rpm's and maybe drag racing if your not geared right and are running out of RPM on the top end.

Exaclty Tyler. Also, I find it funny that pretty much every dyno sheet on a 24v I have seen peaks at 2800 or so........

I see nothing about torque management? I have a Comp Hot box but it still feels like torque management is on? What do you use with the comp box to get rid of it? The new Zilla gets rid of it?

Back