Scheid 5k gsk who's running them?

Am i missing something or is there just not much to thier [CDS] website? I didnt see anything about thier springs or anything of much on there. I do have a dial up slow ass connection too, and pretty impatient....... they quoted me 175.00 last week on the phone.

Little off my GSK subject but a buddy of mine just called and said he put one of my latest runs on You Tube? I have dial up and wont waste my time, but if your interested in seeing a pass, type in "cummins drag truck" he said, and he used my user name from here, stock600. Let me know if you found it and if it worked, thanks guys. Ryan

Thanks for moving it over, does it have audio as well? I went to the link but it would not play for me on this junky comp. not sure what run that was...

Good news, Brad at Scheid is sending me thier 2 spring set that will turn the number. They are doing right by me and keeping me as a customer rather than refund my money and send me some where else. I will have them this week for maybe some testing this comming weekend. Sure hoping these babies will keep the fuel flowing on the big end! Thanks Scheid.
Ryan

Let us know how it turns out, i'm keeping my eye on this thread. Once I get my 913 pump and see how it fuels with the current 4k setup I have I may make a jump. Ahh, who am I kidding, I need a trans 1st lol

Let us know how it turns out, i'm keeping my eye on this thread. Once I get my 913 pump and see how it fuels with the current 4k setup I have I may make a jump. Ahh, who am I kidding, I need a trans 1st lol

Do it...5K's are NICE, and waaaaayy smooth!

Chris

Do it...5K's are NICE, and waaaaayy smooth!

Chris

Ya i thought i was getting the 5k's, they are obviously having major issues with thier 4 spring 5k setup, he didnt dought it at all, he just said this comming will be great and im sure they will be! Scheid should know thier stuff if anyone does, they do hold the drag racing record..... 4'sin the 1/8, 6's in the 1/4 unreal. Cant wait to get the new springs and see how they fuel, i really hope they dont suffer on the bottom end fueling to gain the upper end charge? Seems ive heard Smokem mentine something of that nature before?? Not sure though, the only thing some people would have liked about thier first 5k set was the radical lopey idle, it did sound cool.. just wouldnt back up that sound with some rpm. Thanks
Ryan

I have Scheid 5K in my pump and it onlt turns 4800 I havent had the time work and adjust on thenm yet

Thanks

RQV - Automotive Governor
RSV - Agricultural Governor

Thanks for that info Smokem. One would think that a Agricultural gov. would be less rpm, i suppose they put 5.9's in tractors and all such of Ag. equip., but still one would assume a Automotive gov. would turn more r's for over the road use. First ive heard of any of this. Im sure these new springs will work out fine for me. Again i prob. would acually be fine with a true 4/4100 rpm, Brad said they swaped a set of these in thier pull truck this past weekend and it turned well over 5k. And had a 200* drop on the top end due to all the extra fuel?? I didnt get that part but oh well, so far with MY rig, ive learned the more fuel the more heat period. Maybe the extra r's will help cool things off a bit, im still reaching 2k* right at the stripe, and remember its defueling due to the gov.?? Cant wait to try them!
Thanks again. Ryan

Hope it works out, maybe I will swap my 4gsk for a 5gsk and see if I can tell a difference. Did you get a tach in that rig now I'm assuming?

Well the new 5k kit just arrived at dark thirty, they are not what i was expecting already. I was told they were sending me thier new 2 spring per side version... well each little baggy has a bottom seat and [3] springs, thier the same looking as the inner springs i have in the pump now from thier first 5k kit? And No Paper Work, Or Instructions! By the looks of it, they want me to reuse the largest [idle] spring,?, instructions would have been nice though for clearification. Its enough of a pain in the ass to not want to redo this over and over, i see no diff. in this over whats in the pump now, can there be enough diff. in the tension maybe to make it just totally diff?? I got my hopes up when he told me that he was sending me the 2 spring setup, and I wondered if it was the same kit that comes from CDS. If it works great, if it dont i will be very dissapointed, I will know the answer to that after this weekend. Any other tips or comments on 5k kits, setups, ect... or with Scheid and thier GSK's. Thanks guys. Ryan

I will be installing these this evening some time, anyone have any more Scheid 5k comments or advise. Several have pm'ed saying i must use a 2 spring setup for what im after, i dont need the practice installing these again just for the hell of it. I would like to see some nice rpm pick up this weekend. Other wise what a huge waste of time, with a gutted race truck, no tags/stickers, no speedo, big slicks, etc... you have to load up and go to a track just for a test

I run into these kind of things all the time. It's best to just call and try to weed through the various people at Scheid until you find out exactly who sent you the springs you have and find out what they want you to do with them. I find that you will hear ten different things from ten different people sometimes at the same place. Good luck and hope you get it sorted out. Hey, if you don't, you can always send them back and grab the CDS pieces that are spoken of so highly!

Back