South Georgia Motorsports Park, Cecil Georgia, Sept 19th

that's the question they all would like to be able to answer. Look at the payouts NADM offers ( the biggest in diesel racing and without stickers )..... that's apparently still not enough intensive to get people to show.

I think the dedication just isn't there. There's a lot of fast trucks but, they don't have the balls to break them. $.02

Not sure what NADM race you attended but we had to sticker up our truck like a xmas tree for the NADM race in Salt Lake City earlier this month. We didn't get a full payout either since there were not enough trucks in the class, which is ok and I understand. Never had that happen with the NHRDA contingency program one truck or 20, all pays the same given you have the logos and proof of product. If we won a class it was $600 for a win and half for second. Payouts for the most part have been prompt as well.

Why the hell would you build a fast truck if you don't want to race it? We have raced our truck all over the west and have broken or bent it a couple of times. That is why we built a race truck, so we didn't have to drive it home. If you really pump up these trucks up, and I don't care what make, sooner or later you will break them.

Last edited:
Most don't pay if you don't have a receipt that shows you used their product. If you had a big sponsor that is footing the bill for most of your operation I can see how that would be a problem. So what is your solution? I'm all ears.
Well I will tell you this not just one weekend before i raced with another diesel outfit and won pro street the payout was $1000.00 and also won the same race last year and that pay out was $2000.00. Now that is reason to work hard and try to make there races. I am not bashing NHRDA but i think they need to rethink the way the do payouts, that crap about putting stickers on the truck just to get paid, man thats BS, espcially when i don't run any of there products. Just my $.02

Not sure what NADM race you attended but we had to sticker up our truck like a xmas tree for the NADM race in Salt Lake City earlier this month. We didn't get a full payout either since there were not enough trucks in the class, which is ok and I understand. Never had that happen with the NHRDA contingency program one truck or 20, all pays the same given you have the logos and proof of product. If we won a class it was $600 for a win and half for second. Payouts for the most part have been prompt as well.

Why the hell would you build a fast truck if you don't want to race it? We have raced our truck all over the west and have broken or bent it a couple of times. That is why we built a race truck, so we didn't have to drive it home. If you really pump up these trucks up, and I don't care what make, sooner or later you will break them.

I've not been to one NADM race where you were made to put stickers all over the truck to win a purse. Typically, they do have you put the class sponsor sticker on but, that's only to show support for the sponsor who helps pay for that class.

Like you said too.... you have to show a receipt of a contingent sponsor to get paid on top of having their stocker on your truck ???? That's crazy !

I sure don't know the answers but, I for one would like to see this sport grow and have mass amounts of spectators and sponsors.

Maybe if we all start running shine like the NASCAR boys did in the day, in 10yrs we'll be what everyone wants to see :)

that's the question they all would like to be able to answer. Look at the payouts NADM offers ( the biggest in diesel racing and without stickers )..... that's apparently still not enough intensive to get people to show.

I think the dedication just isn't there. There's a lot of fast trucks but, they don't have the balls to break them. $.02

That should tell you something right there.....They have higher payouts and no one still wants to go to there events. While NHRDA needs to get there payouts up and not depend so much on contingency they are trying to move forward.

We don't give a $hit if we break our trucks?

Even still....payouts are awesome and well deserved for anyone who wins their class...but whats the point if that class has NO competition I mean black mamba practically the only one in his class and syrupdawg, you ran ET and SS didn't you...I honestly thought that with all the enthusiast in this industry that events like this wouldn't be in such "depression". I was shocked I expected to see way more trucks and its somewhat of a heart breaker to be honest. Whether it's advertising or an incredible purse...we need more trucks! And people to watch, truly how many people "know" there is an NHRDA?

The black mamba had stuckey to race if they hadn't broke. But I agree we need more trucks to give people something to watch and want to come to watch. I will admit our show we put own is sometimes not that great.

That should tell you something right there.....They have higher payouts and no one still wants to go to there events. While NHRDA needs to get there payouts up and not depend so much on contingency they are trying to move forward.

We don't give a $hit if we break our trucks?

I wasn't singling out NADM with that statement. NHRDA doesn't have very big turn outs either. My point being even with a some what nice payout, it's not enough to encourage trucks to show.

Of course no one wants to break but, that seems to be a risk many don't want to take. There's always at least 10 to 20 truck sitting in parking lots at these events that are totally capable of racing.... even if just in ET but they don't.

To get to the level you and others are at in racing is quite a bit harder to do which is likely why we don't see more pro street/unlimited/rails.

well the few NADM races I have been to have had at least 5 or 6 Pro Street trucks and about 8-10 12.0 trucks and paid out very well (made it worth there time to come)... both of the NHRDA races I have been to have had only 2 Pro Street trucks and very few Super Street trucks and have not paid out worth a crap... even the contingency money is minimal compared to other races payouts.

as far as the dedication... I agree... everybody talks crap on this board, but they never show up to race. However, I think the breaking of the trucks is another reason spectators are not coming...

it looked as if there were more spectators (and tracks) supporting the diesel events when 1/2 of the trucks participating were not breaking... in other words when there was a 10.5 index class...

now I am all for the trucks getting faster, but when people come to pay to watch racing that's what they want to do - watch racing! not watch a transmission break, or a truck that can't spool on the line... they want to watch good, side-by-side (beat me off the tree), and yes, fast, racing all the way to the finish line...

We had 40,000 people cheering us on at PINKS... they actually booed the guy that put us out because they wanted to see more of the diesel racing... do you think they would have felt the same way if we would have had "problems" on all 3 of our passes?

this is just my own personal opinion (and I know its not going to go over well with some of you), but as a spectator of the sport, I think all of the Pro Street trucks need to stop worrying about breaking everybody elses record and start focusing more about keeping the sport alive (and that means keeping the tracks and spectators happy)... just my $.02

because when the spectators quit coming and all of the organizations are gone, you guys are just going to be going to your local tracks and posting crap about your runs on this board the next day :bang

Last edited:
G D people they come right the F@%# off that same day with on sticky on your truck i think we need more stickers that pay i have on TS on my truck an :thankyou2: dennis for the $50.00 for 2nt this weekend we need more people like him in this sport!!!$.02

Payouts are good... We can all agree on that, but a nice payout will not guarantee that trucks or fans will show up.

There are 3 "customer" groups you have to keep happy to have a successful drag race:
1) Racers- they are the show
2) Fans- they come to see the show, and should help to offset expenses/purse
3) Sponsors- they provide the funds to put on the show (promotion, advertising, etc)

Racers want to see a crowd, get paid well, and gain exposure. Sponsors want to see a crowd so they can get exposure. Fans want to see a big field, but they also have to know that A) there is an event going on and B) the show will be action packed.

I can talk in circles all day long LOL

I know it can be done successfully. We have may examples both inside and out side of the diesel industry where startup groups have promoted a form of motorsports and drawn a crowd. Hell, I have seen big crowds at lawnmower races LOL

G D people they come right the F@%# off that same day with on sticky on your truck i think we need more stickers that pay i have on TS on my truck an :thankyou2: dennis for the $50.00 for 2nt this weekend we need more people like him in this sport!!!$.02

the issue is not about running stickers on your truck... most people have no problem supporting the people that help them... the issue is having to advertise for companies that don't even have a product available for the truck you are running there decals on... that is like false advertising... and it makes it even worse when you have to do that just so you can get paid, if you win... (don't get me wrong, it would be great as a bonus, but not as the primary source of winning funds)

there were several people/companies that helped get the black mamba to PINKS... we had no problem advertising for them with decals all over the truck, but with that said, they also didn't say, hey advertise for us and then if you win or get some shots on tv, we'll pay you for having our stickers on your truck. --- there decals were put on the truck to support them, because they supported us no matter what happened, whether we won and got put on tv or lost and had to go home

Last edited:
until we have a big head count we won't get big money to win that's y i'm working with my sponsors
we all need some help garrett turbos helps me a lot getting to and from the race and fti for trans an
converter help witch has been jam up and air dog for there pump.i will say i have been lucky for my
sponsors they have been a big help love them all. and if someone will pay me for a sticker and no
parts on the truck bring it on then false advertising it will be it all helps.

Let me ask just for comparison...I am seriously debating the East Cost Finals at Beech Bend, how would the spectators/truck count be compared to what happened in my neck of the woods?

Let me ask just for comparison...I am seriously debating the East Cost Finals at Beech Bend, how would the spectators/truck count be compared to what happened in my neck of the woods?
where is your neck of the woods?

You better believe that if my truck was running at the time it would have been on that track in Cecil. I love this sport and really want to see it take off in the future. Like it has been said before we need more people out there racing to put on a show for the fans and not sitting on the sidelines because they are scared to break their truck or lose.

We have a dilema here folks we love the sport but we have a lot of in fighting going on all the time it seams. Even though I'm just a bracket racer and not one of the big wigs my thoughts are as follows. NHRDA and NADM have to work together and not put on events at the same time in the same region or too close together. People need time to fix there trucks in between and build up the funds too attend. These are tuff times right now!!!! Good payouts are great, but somthing is better than nothing, and Contngency is better than nothing! If someone pays to have there sticker on my truck even though I don't use there product then they are paying to advertise there is nothing un ethicle about it. Now I also encourage the companies to have contingencies as when I go to purchase parts 1st thing I look at is who participates. If one company does and the other dosen't then guess what! I go with the participating product. BD, and MBRP and AFI have gotten money from me because they participate. So that is good buiseness on both parts. People wanteds more events so they didn't have to drive so far so NHRDA looks like they tried to accomodate them and they will have to tell us if it was worth it! The only thing I know right now is I think we are headed for trouble as an organized sport because of the infighting! NADM and NHRDA are doing the best they can for putting on their events they just need to work together, or at least have a clear understanding with each other. We as drivers have to do our part and go to as many events as we can. and try and improve our image. Companies that are in this industry also need to pony up and sponcer the organizations. so now how do we get this all underway!!!

Back