Sturgis,KY

Here are the rules i just got from Shane in a email, He said if you have ? call him.

8500 LB STREET DIESEL TRUCK

Weight- 8500 lbs maximum including driver. Front hanging weight shall not extend more than 60 inches from centerline of front axle. Any weight in bed of truck must be securely fastened. No weight in cab of truck.
Body- The body must be an OEM truck body, including the full bed floor. The body must retain full sheet metal including full OEM firewall and floor pan. Tailgate may be removed. No fiberglass other than OEM.
Batteries- Batteries must be securely mounted. They may not be located in truck cab or forward of core support.
Chassis- Vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Engine must be in original location. Vehicle must be four wheel drive.
Suspension- Factory style suspension is mandatory. Traction bars and devices must be bolt on only. Welds are permitted for attachment to frame or axle housing only. Vehicle must have at least one working shock absorber per wheel. Rear suspension travel may be limited. Limiting device must bolt on. Raising or lowering vehicle with air bags is permitted. In cab controls for air bags must be removed or disabled.
Axles- Axle housings must have been an option in a one-ton or smaller truck. Four wheel brakes are mandatory. Rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or shield.
Transmission- Automatic or manual transmission must have been an option in a one-ton or smaller truck. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. A functional neutral safety switch is mandatory.
Transfer case- Transfer case must have been an option in a one-ton or smaller truck.
Steering- Vehicle must retain the full, original OEM steering gear. Vehicle must retain the original OEM power assistance, if so equipped. Additional stabilizers are permitted. Non-OEM power assist methods are prohibited. (No electric steering pumps)
Hitch- The hitch must be a receiver-style hitch; reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle. Trick hitches are prohibited. The hooking point must be the rear-most point on the vehicle excluding the bumper. Hook point must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. Bumpers may be notched or removed. The hitch’s height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches. The hooking point must have a minimum 3.00-inch diameter opening for the sled hook. The hooking point will be measured to the center of the clevis loop. No hitches with chains or other device holding to gooseneck ball allowed.
Interior- A complete interior, including dashboard, door panels, headliner, etc., is mandatory. Two matching front seats are mandatory. Aftermarket seats are permitted; they must be fully upholstered. All factory controls (lights, signals, horn, windows, wipers, etc.) must be retained and be operative.
Street Equipment- Complete headlight and taillight assemblies (all) are mandatory and must be operative. Complete OEM windshield and windows are mandatory. Windows must be operative per factory specifications; that is, they must open and close via OEM electrical or mechanical means.

Tires- Tires must be DOT street tires. Cut tires are prohibited.
Wheelbase- Vehicle must retain the original unaltered factory wheelbase and track width. Front dual-wheel spacers may be used only with accompanying positive-offset dually style wheels.
Driveshaft Loops- It is strongly recommended that trucks have at least one loop around the rear u-joint. This is not mandatory but may become so in the future. Loop needs to be at least 6 inches long and constructed of at least 1/4 inch steel or 3/8 aluminum.
Exhaust- Exhaust must exit behind the cab. It is recommended that exhaust be directed upward. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other as close to the turbo as is practical.
Engine- Engine must be diesel and must have been available as a factory option in a one-ton or smaller truck. Engine may be transplanted into different make truck. All factory belt driven accessories, excluding the air conditioning compressor, must be retained and powered via the crankshaft. Electric fans are permitted.
Fuel- Fuel must be pump #2 diesel only. Soy/Bio-diesel fuel is permitted. The use of propane, nitrous oxide or other oxygen enhancers will not be allowed. Puller with these systems on truck must inform tech official and prove that these systems are disabled. Final decision rests with tech official.
Fuel Injection Pump- Fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine make-specific pump only. Dual high pressure common rail fuel pumps or high pressure oil pumps are permitted. The P7100 injection pump, if equipped, must utilize a stock appearing governor.
Turbocharger- Vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger. The inducer bore on the compressor housing may be no larger than 2.6 inches. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65 inch plug or internal calipers. Bushing from any larger turbo size down to a 2.6 turbo will not be allowed. MWE groove will have a width no greater 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines with factory twin-turbo configuration will be allowed in this class.
Water Injection- The use of water injection will not be allowed. Pullers with water or water/methanol injection systems on his/her truck must inform tech official and prove system disabled. Final decision rests with tech official.
Safety Equipment- It is strongly recommended that all trucks have safety equipment (fuel shutoffs, kill switches, scatter blankets, drive shaft loops, fire extinguisher, etc.) This equipment is not mandatory but may become so in the future. All drivers must have a valid state driver’s liscense.

I'd say there going to I talked to Shane for over a hour yesterday. He's gonna try to get them to let the diesel pull about middle of the pull order instead of last. Shane got upset last year when he went to tech the trucks and every one and there brother ran down to look at trucks and get in the way. So he's looking at try to stop the cheating thats went on in the past. If he makes any changes i will post them up asap.

I'd say there going to I talked to Shane for over a hour yesterday. He's gonna try to get them to let the diesel pull about middle of the pull order instead of last. Shane got upset last year when he went to tech the trucks and every one and there brother ran down to look at trucks and get in the way. So he's looking at try to stop the cheating thats went on in the past. If he makes any changes i will post them up asap.

Thanks for keeping us updated Jordan.

Did the winners cheat last year? I know the year before the winners did not. Well actually a 2.48 turbo truck won two years ago:kick:

I just wish they would come out with a uniform set of rules across the country. Every pull has different rules and it depends on who is friends of the rules maker on how they are laid out it seems like.

I know, I asked Shane about my truck if it was done about pulling it beens i have a machined cover on a s400 and he said it was fine as long as it didnt have a bushing. Id say you and barry go ahead and show up i'll talk to shane again tommrow or you guys could call i posted his number a few post back.

can they add an unlimited or open class? there are a few pullers that are 2.8 or 3.0 that enjoy pulling. when you narrow it down to 2.6 no bushings, it leaves some of us out. we pulled Sturgis 2 years ago, and had a great time. last year our truck was down most of the year, so we missed Sturgis. Now we are up and ready, and looking forward to Sturgis, an unlimited or open class would also let some of the 2.6 guys enter and pull again. its a 1 1/2 hour drive for me and a 2 1/2 hour drive for Brad.I can't see loading up and spending $50. in fuel if we don't have a pretty good idea we can pull.

What are the gas classes that will be there i have a buddy with a gas puller just wondered if they had a class for him?

Got my truck done and running lastnight and we're going to Danville tomorrow to have it retuned. Sturgis cant get here soon enough!

Back