Thailand Diesel Finals 2012...

I bet they are close, however these are half the displacement but stock seem to make about the same power as the NPR.

The Isuzu engine is a 4jj1t, the hilux or Vigo is a 1kdftv, the Mitsubishi is a 4d56, all are common rail with vnt turbos as standard. We have these in Australia, might have to get one going. Thanks for the links.

Andy

The Isuzu engine is a 4jj1t, the hilux or Vigo is a 1kdftv, the Mitsubishi is a 4d56, all are common rail with vnt turbos as standard. We have these in Australia, might have to get one going. Thanks for the links.

Andy

Thanks for the info, its nice to hear from more people who have first hand experience with these little motors. :Cheer:

Hey Taquache.... Just clicked your link. You really think it will cost 50k to get that truck over for one race? How are you gonna ship it? In Air Force one?

Last edited by a moderator:
While it might not be the same HP level, I wonder if any of those Isuzus are being imported for industrial uses like lift trucks? When I worked for Hyster we used several Isuzu and Mazda diesels. I remember some nut in Europe took one of our trucks and put a Mazda turbo gas 2.2L engine in it to set a world speed record in a forklift.

Think of how many American race teams you could get to finals for that cash. Teams that are not going on a one and done field trip and that will continue to support the American diesel orgs and companies.

I thinks it's cool to try and get them here but idk about putting that much cash into a one time visit is kind of crazy. I'd like to see the teams that have been busting ass year after year here in the United States get some help. Good luck to you tho

Full of win.

Think of how many American race teams you could get to finals for that cash. Teams that are not going on a one and done field trip and that will continue to support the American diesel orgs and companies.

I thinks it's cool to try and get them here but idk about putting that much cash into a one time visit is kind of crazy. I'd like to see the teams that have been busting ass year after year here in the United States get some help. Good luck to you tho

I'm not trying to be a peckerehead, but Al-Anabi moves several cars over to Quatar every year for the Arabian Drag Racing finals....... They spend crazy money to get them over there and I bet it is not 50k....

And what in the heck do you need 8 crew members for on an 8 second truck? You may need 2-3 max.... I'm sure there would be plenty of folks that could volunteer as a backup girl and a tow guy....

Allow me to be a peckerhead for you.

1. Numbers seem overly generalized and estimated.

2. If they want to come race, they could at least split costs.

3. For 50 large, I'll find you some Asians here to build and race one.

4. 'Murica!

And what in the heck do you need 8 crew members for on an 8 second truck? You may need 2-3 max.... I'm sure there would be plenty of folks that could volunteer as a backup girl and a tow guy....

Me and Crooked Hat are going to have to talk to Spidey about getting a raise.LOL

Allow me to be a peckerhead for you.

1. Numbers seem overly generalized and estimated.

2. If they want to come race, they could at least split costs.

3. For 50 large, I'll find you some Asians here to build and race one.

4. 'Murica!

You are officially my stand-in peckerhead. Congrats.

Me and Crooked Hat are going to have to talk to Spidey about getting a raise.LOL

No Chit.... I should get like eleventybillion dollars at races... I help lots of folks.

Do I get my own fluffer?

Yep!

6a00d8341bf6cb53ef0120a51fa34b970c-320wi

Back