Thailand Diesel Finals 2012...

The numbers on my link are preliminary numbers, the race team is currently working on getting their visas lined up right now, that is $150-$300 each, fortunately it looks like they will be covering that cost. Shipping is about $6500 ONE WAY via ocean freight for a container that will fit the truck and two or three crates with spares and tools from the shipping quotes I've been getting, that is also WITHOUT shipping insurance on the vehicle. So multiply that by two because the truck has to go back and you're looking at $13,000 with out the necessary insurance costs.

The crew number is what was given to me by the race team, 8 people at $2000 each for round trip plane tickets is another $16,000. Then we also have to get the container from California to Texas and back, all of the paperwork and cost for importing a vehicle legally, hotel, food transportation for the team while they are here. Any misc costs I've overlooked or that might arise... It all adds up quite fast.

Hopefully it won't cost that much but I'd rather shoot for a larger number and be too high than too low and not make it

I believe the race team will be able to raise some of the required costs but they will need help.

ALL of my contact information is on the website, if any of you think you can find me better deals on shipping, plane tickets, organization feel free to call or email me. I appreciate all help and since no one else has tried this before me, that I know of, its a learning process.

I plan to try and expand this world wide race program to include future competition multiple vehicles, maybe even NHRDA events in Thailand since they are so involved in diesel drag racing in their country.

I welcome any civil conversations and assistance from those who know more first hand about shipping a competition vehicle half way across the world than I do.

Check with this dude on shipping.

HanSolo2_zps6973b97b.jpg

You might PM DieselDragster (Scott Bentz), I know he shipped his dragster to Australia when it sold.

Just here to try and expand the sport in ways some might not think of or be willing to do the leg work for. These guys are incredibly passionate and dream of coming to the states to race. I'm going to do what it takes to make that happen.

You may wanna try and contact folks from the Arabian Drag Racing League. They ship piles of cars for their series.

Sarcasm brought to you by Tapatalk

Just here to try and expand the sport in ways some might not think of or be willing to do the leg work for. These guys are incredibly passionate and dream of coming to the states to race. I'm going to do what it takes to make that happen.

Maybe you should try and expand the Sport HERE first, before you try to work on another country's series, and teams.

Here we can use all the help we can get to grow our sport!

Why cant folks like you who are connected in the sport here do that while I work on this at the same time?

Thus far its on my own. There are enough enthusiasts to help grow everywhere but I find that people willing to do any leg work weed out real quick.

Do I think there are people here that deserve support? - Absolutely, however there are apparently people all over the world that deserve it, why not work on uniting them all?

The motto of the NHRDA is the Fastest Growing Racing Organization In The World, why is now not the opportune time to try and make that a true reality rather than just North America, Its not like the sport will mysteriously die next season because I'm working on this project.

Plus how many 4 cylinder 750hp carbon fiber bodied 8.38s 1/4 mile diesel race vehicles have any of us ever seen in person?

In doing this I will consider it a success if even 1 person in the stands sees this truck and thinks that if people in Thailand can do it why can't I, motivate them to join the race scene and start competing.

It would be cool to see but the cost would be high.Maybe shipping wars could get involved.

Attachments

• 6a013485fb9931970c0167689d53a7970b-800wi.jpg
    6a013485fb9931970c0167689d53a7970b-800wi.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 0
I applaud your efforts to bring more competitors to the sport..... International ones at that. I think that you should possibly set up some meetings with folks in the know to get your dollar figure a bit more manageable. Folks see that big figure, and lack of hard numbers and get scared worse than a kid about to get steamrolled by a schoolbus.

Might be a good idea to find a company that has ties(no pun intended) over there to the race community to possibly help sponsor as well. I can get the container moved to the facility from the port for a reasonable rate. I know a guy or few that move freight.

Sarcasm brought to you by Tapatalk

I have called every company that has sold parts to the Thai racers, my main contact is the Hoosier Tire representative for all of Thailand.

All of them have turned me down due to them working their 2013 sponsorship budgets in the fall of 2012, not sponsoring vehicles, or not sponsoring anyone at all.

My list of people who I have called included:
Hoosier USA
Weld Racing
Jegs
Summit Racing
Jericho Transmissions
The racing seat manufacturer (The name escapes me)
Holley (manufacturers of NOS nitrous systems) - They offered to donate at deeply discounted or possibly free any parts needed for the nitrous set up on the truck.
Some of the current NHDRA sponsors have said no on the grounds that they have no customer market in Thailand.
My quote on shipping is from Schumacher Cargo logistics out in Cali.

I'm waiting on a few particulars from the race team before nailing down the ocean freight quote such as weight and dimensions of the vehicle and equipment to be shipped.

The team is currently awaiting Visa approval before increasing their efforts to find Thai money to help.

I've been in contact with Randy Cole (president of the NHRDA, I'm sure y'all knew that) since the start of the project. There is interest amongst other ProStock teams in seeing this truck. Randy told me that some of the teams even offered seat time to the Thai driver at an event prior to the World Finals so that they could qualify to compete. An amazing offer however the Thai team does not see that in the budget this year unfortunately. I've been working on this pretty much every day since the first of the year.

I'm waiting for the Visa application process to be completed successfully, and approval to the team to offer real estate on the truck for sponsorship space.

The numbers on my link are preliminary numbers, the race team is currently working on getting their visas lined up right now, that is $150-$300 each, fortunately it looks like they will be covering that cost. Shipping is about $6500 ONE WAY via ocean freight for a container that will fit the truck and two or three crates with spares and tools from the shipping quotes I've been getting, that is also WITHOUT shipping insurance on the vehicle. So multiply that by two because the truck has to go back and you're looking at $13,000 with out the necessary insurance costs.

The crew number is what was given to me by the race team, 8 people at $2000 each for round trip plane tickets is another $16,000. Then we also have to get the container from California to Texas and back, all of the paperwork and cost for importing a vehicle legally, hotel, food transportation for the team while they are here. Any misc costs I've overlooked or that might arise... It all adds up quite fast.

Hopefully it won't cost that much but I'd rather shoot for a larger number and be too high than too low and not make it

I believe the race team will be able to raise some of the required costs but they will need help.

ALL of my contact information is on the website, if any of you think you can find me better deals on shipping, plane tickets, organization feel free to call or email me. I appreciate all help and since no one else has tried this before me, that I know of, its a learning process.

I plan to try and expand this world wide race program to include future competition multiple vehicles, maybe even NHRDA events in Thailand since they are so involved in diesel drag racing in their country.

I welcome any civil conversations and assistance from those who know more first hand about shipping a competition vehicle half way across the world than I do.

are they all fukking broke? i wanna do alot of stuff that may bridge the gap.. but i dont expect others to pay to do it. you need to tell your buddies to get better jobs and pony up.

are they all fukking broke? i wanna do alot of stuff that may bridge the gap.. but i dont expect others to pay to do it. you need to tell your buddies to get better jobs and pony up.

Yea, you would think if they could afford a carbon fiber body, they could be dollar menuaires at mcdonalds or something.

I'd be willing to bet that Carbon Fiber does not cost what it does here though I don't know the economics for certain.

I have also been told that all the decals on the vehicles are decoration only, no corporate sponsorships in Thailand, they have the passion for racing but not the infrastructure like we do here in the states.

Like I mentioned before I believe they will do what they can to come up with the cost but they will need help.

Back