Summer purchases

Here .....first $300 get my used DJ Fuel+ system....Braided lines and all....

Thanks Diesel Kid....Love your regulated return:rockwoot:

I'm curious ... Rob, aren't you and Doug (StuckinMud) friends? Do you do business together, as well as racing?

You should have sold your used system before you purchased a new one for your customer. Since you didn't like it, that would have been a smarter move.

Besides, you have done so many things to your truck, you don't really even know what you have or how to make it work. Just my observation. Try starting from scratch and seeing what each product does and how they work together.

I wish you the best in your endeavors.
Thanks,
Vivian

We're happy with just making strong, reliable trucks with a minimal investment.

DJ

I'll be the first to thank you for that too DJ! Cause now we have 2 trucks that run 12's and still have stock injectors and turbos and haven't spent more than $1,000 to get there.

anybody of djs crew doin 11s or 12s with out spraying nos.

I believe DJ his self ran 12's without spraying and on a stock turbo too. I'm sure he'll correct me if I mis-understood too.

Now for a ? for you Reg-Cab, what's the difference if someone is using :nos: or if they have twins or one big single or what ever. Because the only real difference I see is PRICE and nos seems to be way more efficient in the pocket and out the pocket than any aftermarket turbo out there. Way easier to tune also.

Last edited:
Vivan me and doug dont do business together. He has never bought anything from me. And my truck dynod 668 last year with 37" tall tires...My combo worked. I have so much stuff laying around I tend to forget what I have.You made me remember I had it laying around and thought Id try to sell it, My customer specify your system. Thats why I bought it. The other one didnt. We ran the dieselkid setup on his.

If anyone wants a list of parts to make the diesel kids setup Pm him

I'll be the first to thank you for that too DJ! Cause now we have 2 trucks that run 12's and still have stock injectors and turbos and haven't spent more than $1,000 to get there.

Hey Mike,

Congratulations to WAO Racing :Cheer: Clinton ran a 12.8 with a Looney Tune, our FUEL+ and a small shot of nitrous. Mike, can you give us the specifics on his truck?

anybody of djs crew doin 11s or 12s with out spraying nos.

11's without nos, No. 12's, you'll be seeing two trucks at TS, without nos, in the 12's.

Vivan me and doug dont do business together. He has never bought anything from me. And my truck dynod 668 last year with 37" tall tires...My combo worked. I have so much stuff laying around I tend to forget what I have.You made me remember I had it laying around and thought Id try to sell it, My customer specify your system. Thats why I bought it. The other one didnt. We ran the dieselkid setup on his.

If anyone wants a list of parts to make the diesel kids setup Pm him

Glad you cleared that up. I was just wondering since you're practically neighbors.

I didn't know you dynoed 668 last year. That's great! Congratulations!

Thanks,
Vivian

Without disrespecting Robts and StuckinMud,Where are your timeslips,dyno sheets,and videos to prove your theory...Frankie
Frankie,
My truck will never see a drag strip. ITs too tall and dont want to risk my life ....As for dyno slips, last year on 37" tall tires with heavy 22" wheels it dynod 668 and still had more in her. Remember I am on wheels/tires that weigh a ton. My truck is not built for 1/4 drags. Its a purpose built for the sanddunes. As for that...Its probably the fast truck out there.

As for therory, I have bought so much stuff for my 6.0 and can say I have tested more than most people can say they have dreamed in purchasing. I am now trying the compound setup. Why because I can. Im also trying a new fuel system also that totally emilinates the fuel bowl. I will let everyone know how it works. It will take time to get this massive set up dialed in.

Frankie, This is how you prove your therory. Everyone has therories and beliefs and thats what you have to learn. As an engineer by day we dream things up and build them,test them and record them. This is what I do. As for 6.l diesels, I do the same, I buy stuff, test stuff and record stuff. So before you start ripping on me for what I do, look at my history with the 6l

I didn't know you dynoed 668 last year. That's great! Congratulations!

Thanks,
Vivian

I dont post alot of the things I do becuase it usually goes in the gutter. I do try alot of things out and some work and some dont. I make a ton of calls and have some deep conversation with alot of vendors almost daily. My truck is not a race truck but my play toy. It also happens to be a great test vehicle for whats about to come in the future. Next winter I will be extremely busy. I have a deep passion for this sport and only want to see great things to happen for the 6l. Thats why I didnt jump ship (yet). As for the 668 I wasnt happy with it. I didnt know the wheels and tires would have that affect on the end results. I also tried just about everyones tunes to get that number. Most tuners I have dealt with are about 10 hp of each other. After that it has to do with trans setups I have found out. Some tuners trans files I feel are better in the way they shift but also has to do with customer preferences. I am really picky on the way the it shifts. I will also say I wished I could spend more time on the dyno but almost all the dyno shops in my area dont want me back due to the smoke the truck makes.

Dj/Vivan, Im not direspecting you or your fuel system. I just have another way of looking at things and feel Dougs(stuckinmud) therory is a better setup. Sorry thats my beliefs. Dj is not the only one who knows 6l and how they work. I will post pictures of the heads once I get them back from ATS. This will show the fuel channel in the head. I Also want to point out this discussion is also on Thedieselgarage

Rob

Frankie,
My truck will never see a drag strip. ITs too tall and dont want to risk my life ....As for dyno slips, last year on 37" tall tires with heavy 22" wheels it dynod 668 and still had more in her. Remember I am on wheels/tires that weigh a ton. My truck is not built for 1/4 drags. Its a purpose built for the sanddunes. As for that...Its probably the fast truck out there.

As for therory, I have bought so much stuff for my 6.0 and can say I have tested more than most people can say they have dreamed in purchasing. I am now trying the compound setup. Why because I can. Im also trying a new fuel system also that totally emilinates the fuel bowl. I will let everyone know how it works. It will take time to get this massive set up dialed in.

Frankie, This is how you prove your therory. Everyone has therories and beliefs and thats what you have to learn. As an engineer by day we dream things up and build them,test them and record them. This is what I do. As for 6.l diesels, I do the same, I buy stuff, test stuff and record stuff. So before you start ripping on me for what I do, look at my history with the 6l

Robts,

I am not doubting that you did 668 because that is an acheivable number.But the most I've seen you mention was 597, Performance is proven at the track with the numbers.There are people here in Miami, Putting big turbos,big injectors,and always claiming big numbers on the dyno and when they go to a track or another dyno they make way less of the power they claim and when they go to the track they run less than what a tuned 6.0 with a bottle runs..

I wasn't ripping on you nor do I rip on anyone else, I just was defending the fuel system because it worked for me...

Frankie

Last edited:
Robts,

I am not doubting that you did 668 because that is an acheivable number.But the most I've seen you mention was 597,

Frankie

I only mentioned 597 because it was one that other compD people saw. Thats was with 190cc injectors ,Dj fuel + and a stock fuel pump which dropped to 20 psi at WOT. Right after that I went to a FAss and 225cc injectors.

I dont Run Nos no more and am trying to get this compound thing work out

What is your fuel pressure At wot?

Hey Mike,

Congratulations to WAO Racing :Cheer: Clinton ran a 12.8 with a Looney Tune, our FUEL+ and a small shot of nitrous. Mike, can you give us the specifics on his truck?

Thanks,
Vivian

Yeah, he has a F250 King Ranch CC with the looney tune, exhaust, stock fuel and a small dry shot just like my truck was setup when i went 12.53 last year except his nitrous jet is just shy from what i was spraying. The 12.8 was only 1 of the 3 passes he has made on the gas. The other two passes he was playing around so he could average out with a 13.0 to win the 13sec spot for the NMRA True Street event at SilverDallor Raceway earlier this month. I ran in the event also and went 12.66 @ 107mph with 1.85 60ft which the 60ft was worse than when i ran 13.51 @ 99mph with 1.80 60ft on #2 only. Usually i can get some 1.6's, low 1.7's on spray. I just need 1 or 2 more passes to get my nitrous setup situated so I can be more consistent in the 60ft. I can see sooner or later I will click off some 12.4's when i get it dialed in. Not too bad for 2 ever day drive where want,race when you want, tow what you need to tow, trucks to go 12's with less than $1g invested to get there HUH?

Frankie,
My truck will never see a drag strip. ITs too tall and dont want to risk my life ....

Don't take this the wrong way now.....
But to me it seems way more dangerous to sand drag in loose sand or what ever you do than racing at a drag strip on pavement. Especailly if your truck is tall and big tires. I don't know, I think i would feel alot more safer on some pavement then loose sand, But what do i know i've never tried racing on some sand dunes before. Maybe you can help me understand what the differences are really?

Thanks Mike.

I only mentioned 597 because it was one that other compD people saw. Thats was with 190cc injectors ,Dj fuel + and a stock fuel pump which dropped to 20 psi at WOT. Right after that I went to a FAss and 225cc injectors.

I dont Run Nos no more and am trying to get this compound thing work out

What is your fuel pressure At wot?

After you went to the Fass and different injectors did you keep Dj fuel+ or was that when you went with the other system too. Or did you do the swap when you went with the twins? Just trying to figure out how your comparing the two systems, wether they were both tested on the same setup or not?

Don't take this the wrong way now.....
But to me it seems way more dangerous to sand drag in loose sand or what ever you do than racing at a drag strip on pavement. Especailly if your truck is tall and big tires. I don't know, I think i would feel alot more safer on some pavement then loose sand, But what do i know i've never tried racing on some sand dunes before. Maybe you can help me understand what the differences are really?

Thanks Mike.
Well 1/4 mile.......37" tall tires and 100+ mph...Kind of scary versa 300ft WOT

After you went to the Fass and different injectors did you keep Dj fuel+ or was that when you went with the other system too. Or did you do the swap when you went with the twins? Just trying to figure out how your comparing the two systems, wether they were both tested on the same setup or not?
When I had the 190cc injectors and just the DJ's my fuel pressure was dropping to far(20psi or less) so I put a fass on it. When my fass system came in I had 225cc injectors laying around from CAsserly so I did all that in a weekend. Point being the Dj's wouldnt supply enough fuel for the 190's I had with the pump I had.Until this weekend I was running a few peices of the DJ's in my stystem.

Tim(Dapilot) You run the dj's with your 190's ....Can you tell us what your fuel pressure is. Just curiuos!

I have it set at 52 and it drops to about 30 for a second till the boost comes up, then it climbs to about 55.

Back